Make narrative RPGs for web and desktop easily
Narrat is a game engine for making interactive narrative RPGs packed with features.. Create your game by editing with a Simple scripting syntax. It supports Skills with skill check rolls, an Items inventory, and has a Quests System. The script system is very powerful and allows branching choices, functions, variables and conditions.
To pass or fail skill tests
With a dynamic quest log
with the inventory feature
How does it work?
Narrat games are made by writing narrat scripts. Narrat scripts use a simple and approachable scripting language that is designed for writing interactive RPGs. No need to write complicated code, just write your story.
Result in game
A tool to create your narrat project from templates..Create a game
Edit narrat script files to write your game.Learn how
Get help, discuss narrat or suggest features.Join the discord
Games made with Narrat
Will This Bitter Night Bring Change? - Two Women in Trouble
By Mia Cain
Follow Hornet and Emily in their attempt to escape the City, in all its neon glory.
No Saints Go to Heaven
Coming to terms with your own immortality
A curse consumes the earth; its people must bear their guilt.
Thursday’s Food Panic
Will you be a baby angel or a naughty goblin?
You are given a certain amount of spoons per day to spend on actions. Try to survive.
Submitted by as part of the narrat game jam
Lovely Lady RPG
In Development by Digital Poppy
Wandering bleary eyed through the rubble of world that has run out of reasons to keep going, a woman seeks her soul.
- Easy script syntax for writing games without “real code”
- Branching, conditions and variables
- Multiple characters with configurable poses
- Themable UI (with CSS, explained in the docs)
- Skills and skill checks (dice rolls against skill levels) system
- Interactive visual screens alongside the dialogue
- HUD for currency or other stats
- Exports to web or PC
- Functions with parameters and return values in the scripting